We provide a work environment where employees are encouraged to tap into their individual passions and strengths to move beyond the basics and to deliver truly unique and creative work that tells a story for our clients.
Here at PlainJoe Studios passion, commitment, versatility, and teamwork are core components of our DNA. If you think you have what it takes, we’d like to hear from you! Please fill out the inquiry form below and someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Spatial Storytelling Graphics & Theming Contractors
Reports To: Spatial Storytelling Studio Director
Looking for freelance designers, illustrators, or 3D artists interested in assisting the Spatial Storytelling team on a per project/part-time basis. Depending on their skill set and experience, would work off loose design direction and/or established graphic assets to help develop project assets.
All work can be completed remotely and Contractor must have their own system and software licenses.
Potential Work Types
- Create final print files for production.
- Assemble Graphics & Theming packages.
- Develop concept sketches/Photoshop overlays/3D renderings.
- Build out print ready graphics from provided sketches and design comps.
- Create Graphic & Theming comps based on design direction.
- Plan design concepts and direction based upon provided client information.
Experience and Qualifications
- Desired Design Skills: (one or more of the following)
- Graphic Design
- 3D Modeling
- Print Production
- Desired Computer Skills: (multiple preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Draw
The Story Developer position creatively and strategically tells our Company’s story inside and out in three primary ways: Story Curation, Inside Storytelling and Outside Storytelling.
As a story curator it will be your duty to organize, select and refine all social realms within the company. This includes understanding and structuring a client tier system. The Story Developer will need to know which clients float to the top as long time partners who deserve to be recognized and which ones are new friends to whom we must work to foster relationships with.
As the Story Developer, you will help guide our storytelling strategy across multiple social media platforms and manage the day-to-day execution to bring our social goals to fruition. This involves traveling to select installations to not only capture photos for social media pages, but also to capture the stories of what we are building from the people who originated the idea.
Once the stories have been captured from the installation site, they must be shared internally with the company in monthly meetings.
Sharing stories internally additionally includes the hosting of guests and prospective employees at Disneyland and Downtown Disney as they come to learn more about our own story and who we are.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Create engaging text, image and video content.
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around projects.
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO.
- Stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Facilitate online conversations and respond to queries
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layouts.
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers.
- Capture client stories to be told internally, celebrating stories in monthly meetings.
- Prioritize customers into management tier system.
- Must be able willing to travel to installations sites for social media updates.
- Develop and foster client relations (ex. birthdays, grand openings, holidays, etc.)
- Inform clients and guests of the company- why we exist, and what we do in a professional and comfortable way.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have the following skills:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Coordinator.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Multitasking and analytical skills.
- Creative mindset.
- Excellent travel ability.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate these qualities:
- Acquires Information – Consults the appropriate resources to obtain information. Asks the right questions and knows who to go to for information.
- Adapts to Change – Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner.
- Creativity – Uses creativity appropriately to drive progress and encourages others to do the same.
- Critical Thinking – Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Able to approach problems from different perspectives.
- Manages Time – Accurately estimates the time required to complete actions and activities; adheres to schedules and timetables; sensitive to the use of other people’s time.
- Resourcefulness – Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others.
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.