We provide a work environment where employees are encouraged to tap into their individual passions and strengths to move beyond the basics and to deliver truly unique and creative work that tells a story for our clients.
Here at PlainJoe Studios passion, commitment, versatility, and teamwork are core components of our DNA. If you think you have what it takes, we’d like to hear from you! Please fill out the inquiry form below and someone will be in touch with you shortly.
Senior Architectural Designer / Architectural Job Captain
Assists in all aspects of architectural design. This work can include hands-on architectural work, such as drafting and 3D modeling, to the business side such as preparing for presentations and maintaining project files. May also be conducting research on sites, such as zoning laws and rules that apply to out-of-state projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Communicating effectively with team members, consultants, and contractors.
- Concept modeling and presentation.
- Assuring adherence to scope, budget, and schedule.
- Able to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts.
- Knowledge of engineering and interior design disciplines to evaluate and coordinate design work.
- Construction document production.
- Construction administration.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate these qualities:
- Acquires Information – Consults the appropriate resources to obtain information. Asks the right questions and knows who to go to for information.
- Adapts to Change – Accepts and adapts to change in a professionally appropriate and thoughtful manner. Plays the role of devil’s advocate, yet knows when and how to stand down graciously and accept a well-thought out decision. Embraces change.
- Creativity – Uses creativity appropriately to drive progress and encourages others to do the same; makes innovation a priority among team members; encourages reasonable risk taking.
- Critical Thinking – Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Able to approach problems from different perspectives.
- Initiative – Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked. Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Manages Time – Accurately estimates the time required to complete actions and activities; adheres to schedules and timetables; sensitive to the use of other people’s time.
- Pursues Self-Development – Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities.
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Experience and Professional Qualifications:
- Job Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years experience
- Computer Skills:
- Revit (minimum of 5 years job experience)
- Sketchup (minimum of 5 years job experience)
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Microsoft Suite
Spatial Storytelling Graphics & Theming Contractors
Looking for freelance designers, illustrators, or 3D artists interested in assisting the Spatial Storytelling team on a per project/part-time basis. Depending on their skill set and experience, would work off loose design direction and/or established graphic assets to help develop project assets.
All work can be completed remotely and Contractor must have their own system and software licenses.
Potential Work Types:
- Create final print files for production.
- Assemble Graphics & Theming packages.
- Develop concept sketches/Photoshop overlays/3D renderings.
- Build out print ready graphics from provided sketches and design comps.
- Create Graphic & Theming comps based on design direction.
- Plan design concepts and direction based upon provided client information.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Desired Design Skills: (one or more of the following)
- Graphic Design
- 3D Modeling
- Print Production
- Desired Computer Skills: (multiple preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Draw
PlainJoe Studios provides a solid compensation and benefits package that includes health, dental and vision coverage, 401k, and exceptional growth opportunities. We are a family-oriented organization with a fantastic work environment
If you’re interested, apply and please provide your resume with sample work/portfolio